Saturday, November 23, 2013

Messiah: My Merciful Mentor


2 Samuel 22:2-3
2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
Jesus is ready and available and willing to help us at anytime, if we are but  worthy and solicit His divine assistance. He is our personal guide, confidant, and friend. He is my:
  1. Rock-I can build upon His teachings and make Him the Rock foundation of my life.
  2. Fortress-He surrounds me and protects me from the wiles of mine enemy, satan and his followers. He gives me strength and power to resist evil and to do right.
  3. Deliver-He delivers me from sadness and sorrow when I am experiencing life in the low valley. He delivers me from evil and corruption, from mediocrity and failure when I look to Him.
  4. Shield-He is the protective armour that protects my heart from hatred and anger. He keeps dishonorable and sinful thoughts and temptations from creeping into my soul and staying there when I discipline myself to turn my thoughts and feelings to Him.
  5. The Horn of my Salvation-His voice sounds out softly and loudly like a trumpet. It is up to me to determine the pitch of His voice. If I am humble and meeking, then His voice is soft and mile. If I am hard and proud, then His voice needs to get loud before I will hear Him and abide by His voice of warning.
  6. High Tower-I must look up to Him in all things, for He is at the top while I dwell at the bottom.
  7. Refuge-He calms me from the storms of life and gives me peace and serenity.
  8. Savior-He is my and everyone’s personal Savior. He is the only one who can atone for the sins of the world and see that everyone receives a just and righteous judgment.
Jesus is everything to us. I need to praise and obey Him with my our heart, for He is My Merciful Mentor.

No comments: