Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Jesus Christ: Higher Than I


Psalms 61:2
1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Jesus Christ is our Higher Rock. No one, save the Father (Elohim) only, is higher than our Savior, and no one else will ever ascend above them. When our souls are rejoicing in Christ due to our successes and self-fulfillment, we will cry unto Him for gratitude and our indebtedness to Him. When our hearts are filled with sorrow and hurt, we will weep and pour out our souls to Him for mercy and grace. We can look upward to Him at any time of need, and He will be there for us, to comfort us and strengthen us. As we pray to the Father, both the Father and Christ hear our cries, and will be answered according to our faith and as they see fit. Our prayers will not go unattended. Jesus said, “Ask, and ye shall receive.”

No comments: