Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jesus Christ: The Only Begotten


Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of the Father. “This day have I begotten thee.” The day Jesus was born into mortality was the day the Father begat Jesus in the flesh. Jesus was born into mortality having a mortal mother, Mary, and an immortal Father, Elohim; thus, being the Only Begotten of the Father. All other sons and daughters of God  have mortal mothers and fathers of the flesh.
Jesus had power over life and death. He had power to lay down His life and power to take it again.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. (John 10:17-18).
Therefore, Jesus took His own life; He chose the moment He would die. He had power to resurrect Himself and became the firstfruits of them that slept.

No comments: