Thursday, October 31, 2013

Jesus: My Help-My Deliverer


Psalms 40:17
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
We are all poor in spirit and in knowledge compared to Jesus Christ, yet as we strive, as we seek to emulate Him, we become rich toward God, but we will always need Him.
Jesus is my help, for He is always ready and available to intervene and help me in times of need, which in reality, is always. “I Need thee Every Hour” (See LDS hymn #98, ‘I Need thee Every Hour’).  In fact, He is forever knocking at the door of my heart and soul, waiting for me to open up and let Him in. Jesus said,  “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (See Revelation 3:20).
Jesus is my deliverer, for He is my prophet, my teacher, and my king. He rescues me from physical and spiritual harm and danger. He is forever reaching and rescuing me, our family, and all others. He is our Savior, the Good Shepherd who knows His sheep and leads them--He is the Shepherd and we are His sheep. He is  invariably  striving to lead us to Him and His gospel.

No comments: