Thursday, October 17, 2013

Salvation Through the Name of Jesus Christ


Book of Mormon--Helaman 5:9 (About 30 BC)
Remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.
Jesus Christ’s name is the only name through which man can be saved. His is the only name whereby redemption is obtained. Only through Jesus’ name is the world redeemed. No other person or thing can take the place of our Savior’s atoning sacrifice, His infinite atonement (payment) for our sins. His name is the only name under heaven whereby man could become clean and pure and sanctified. When we are pure and clean of our sins, it is because of our sincere repentance and the grace of God. Grace is divine assistance. We are saved through the grace of God after all we can do.
Think-Ponder-Pray: When you hear or think of the name Jesus Christ:
  1. What comes to mind?
  2. What do you think of?
  3. What feelings enter your heart?
  4. What directions do  your thoughts go?
  5. Why do you feel a spirit of reverence?
  6. Why do tears fill your eyes?
  7. Why do you feel a deeper spirit of humility?  
  8. Why is your tongue stayed and speechless for a few minutes?
  9. What now is most important in life?
  10. What is your standing with God?
  11. Why am I not more grateful to Him than I should be?
  12. How can I increase my love and gratitude for Him?
  13. Is my  life in harmony with the teachings of the Lord?
  14. How can I do and be better?
  15. How can I improve my life?
  16. How can I live a more Christ-like life?
  17. How can I please Him more?
Ponder answers to these questions, and you will have a spiritual experience because of our loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who made Jesus’ atonement possible. We are forever indebted to them. Trust them, and trust His name.

No comments: