Monday, October 28, 2013

Jesus Christ: Our Everything


Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Jesus, our Lord, is our everything.  He is my:
  1. Strength
  2. Song
  3. Salvation
  4. God
  5. Ancestors’ God
Jesus is our strength. We obtain light and life from Him. He is our song. He brings edification and cheer into our lives, just like wholesome music. We need to sing and play uplifting music to worship Him. He is my salvation, for salvation comes through Him. He is my God, for besides Him, there is no other. He is the God of our ancestors. They loved and worshipped Jesus and showed us that He would become the Savior of the world. Christ’s atonement affected all people from the beginning, even though He didn’t perform His atoning sacrifice until 34 AD since His atonement was retroactive.
A savior is a person who saves someone or something. He is a rescuer, liberator, deliverer, emancipator. Jesus is our Savior; therefore, He is the one who saves us after all we can do. He rescues us from sin and darkness, liberates us from the wrong path of life, delivers us from the chains that satan’s binds us with-physically and mentally and spiritually.
Jesus is our everything. We are indebted to Him and will be forever. All He asks us to do is keep His commandments faithfully and live the good life, live the best we know how and repent of our sins of omission and commission.

No comments: