Friday, January 3, 2014

"WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?"





Titus 2:11-14


11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
By the grace, divine assistance, of God, we can gain salvation and hopefully exaltation. We earn and qualify for exaltation through righteous living, by denying ourselves all ungodliness and worldly lusts, and by living soberly, righteously and godly during our mortal life time. Our strength and wisdom come from our Savior Jesus Christ, who gave. He gave His time, talent, effort, attention, knowledge, and ultimately His life  to redeem us from sin and iniquity. Jesus is our precious Savior and Mediator. He is the Anointed One.
Christ lived a perfect life. He did the Father’s will 100%, and showed us by example how we should live in order to be saved in the Celestial Kingdom. He overcame the world, and so must we. We must put away worldly lusts, worldliness of all sorts. We should seek honestly to succeed in this world, sure, but not make greed and pride our motives, our top priorities. We need to take care of temporal things because we have a stewardship over our temporal lives, but these temporal things are just that-temporary. We need to seek for things of a better, for the more weightier matters of life. To God, all things are spiritual.
Ask,
  1. “What would Jesus do?” or  
  2. “What would Jesus have me do?” or “
  3. What wouldst thou have me to do?”
Then listen and feel for the answers. Let Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost be our guides.
What Would Jesus Do?: by Marion G. Romney

The most satisfying solutions to problems and the best answers to questions that I have been able to make in my own life, I have arrived at as follows:
1. From my youth I have searched the scriptures.
2. I have tried to honestly face the challenge or question presented with a sincere desire to solve it as Jesus would solve it.
3. I have, through diligent study and prayer, sought to weigh alternatives in light of what I knew about gospel principles.
4. I have made a decision in my own mind.
5. I have then taken the matter to the Lord, told him the problem, told him that I wanted to do what was right in his view, and asked him to give me peace of mind if I have made the right decision.
This, I think, is in harmony with the pattern Jesus set by precept and example during his ministry on the earth.

Read the entire article

No comments: