Tuesday, January 28, 2014

JESUS CHRIST: HIS PERSONAL TESTIMONY

Jesus Testifies of Himself



Jesus testified, “Behold, I, Jesus Christ, your Lord and your God, and your Redeemer, by the power of my Spirit have spoken it.”
--Doctrine and Covenants 18:47
Jesus bears a testimony of himself, of just who He actually is. Prophets testified of Him, individual people testified of Him, and now Jesus testifies of himself that He is truly our Lord, our God, our Redeemer. He spoke to people in ancient times, and He continues to reveal His and the Father’s will to people today, even prophets, apostles, various called and ordained leaders in His church, and to individuals who humble and sincerely seek His face. Jesus promised:

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;
3 And that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—
4 The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.
Our challenge is to:
  1. Forsake our sins
  2. Come unto Christ
  3. Call on Christ’s name
  4. Obey Christ’s voice
  5. Keep His commandments
His promise: That we may see His face and know Him.

No comments: