Sunday, January 26, 2014

JESUS CHRIST: THE FOREORDAINED SON OF GOD




Jesus said, “Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.”

Jesus Came to Give us Life



--Book of Mormon Ether 3:14
Jesus was chosen and foreordained to come to earth and be the Savior and Redeemer of the world, redeem us of our sins by sacrificing His life, blood, and body for us, to bring about the perfect Atonement. He is a Father and Son: Father in the sense that He begat us life and provides us life here on earth; the Son in the sense that He is literally the Son of God, the Only Begotten Son of God in the flesh for He has a mortal mother and an immortal father. In addition to Christ giving us life, He has provided us with the way to live eternally in an exalted state, with God the Father, Jesus himself, and the Holy Ghost and others who qualify. Believing in Jesus Christ is the first step in becoming His sons and daughters; for this is when He can spiritually begat us.

No comments: