Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jesus Christ: The Resurrected Redeemer


3 Nephi 11:14-15
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.
After Jesus’ resurrection, He appeared a few times to the people in Jerusalem area. Then He appeared to the Nephites in America. He introduced himself to them, showed them the wound marks in His hands, wrists, feet, and side. One by one, the multitude went unto Jesus and felt His five special wound marks, and the Holy Ghost bore witness that He was indeed Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of the world, the resurrected one. About 2500 people were in attendance and saw and felt His crucifixion marks. They realized that He was truly the Son of God and had been resurrected as was prophesied by all true prophets.
Jesus is the resurrection and the life. Salvation is found in Him. He Saves. He suffered death in the flesh so that all mankind would have the blessing of being forgiven for their sins predicated upon repentance, and then after death be resurrected with a glorified body of flesh, bone, and spirit with no blood.
Note the inspirational LDS hymn “I Stand All Amazed” by Charles Gabriel
  • 1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
  • Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
  • I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
  • That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
  • (Chorus)
  • Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
    Enough to die for me!
  • Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
  • 2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
  • To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
  • That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
  • Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
  • 3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
  • Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
  • No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
  • Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
  • Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932
Jesus is the great I AM. We all stand amazed at His love and devotion for each of us. May we love Him, praise Him, obey Him, and “come let us adore Him Christ the Lord.”

No comments: