Monday, December 2, 2013

Jesus Christ: My Rock My Choice My Salvation


1 Nephi 13:36
And in them (The Golden Plates, Book of Mormon) shall be written my gospel, saith the Lamb, and my rock and my salvation.
We need to make THE CHOICE by choosing Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as our Rock, so that each of us can say and claim that He is MY ROCK. It is then that we have ownership of the Rock of our Salvation. Put Him first. Make Him your top priority. “Thou shalt have no other gods before me,” Jesus said. He also commanded us to “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).
God’s plan gives each of us individual agency, to choose and act for ourselves. He does not and cannot force us to choose the right or the wrong. We have complete control of our choices, but we do not have control or any say so over consequences of our choices. But we know that when we put God and Christ first and obey them by choosing the right, then we can rest assured that God will keep His promise and bless us with all the things we need. When we make Christ our Rock, our personal and family Rock, we cannot go astray or wrong; He won’t let us because of the Rock upon which we are built. If we choose Him as our Rock and endure to the end of our mortal lives with Him as Our Rock, then we will gain salvation and eternal life.
A good motto or axiom to live by is “Jesus Christ: My Rock My Choice My Salvation.”

No comments: