Tuesday, April 1, 2014

JESUS CHRIST: FOREORDAINED IN HEAVEN

jesus-christ-in-gethsemane.jpgBehold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.
--Ether 3:14

Jesus was selected and foreordained before the world was created to redeem the children of Heavenly Father.  He bore witness of His name when He said, “I am Jesus Christ.” Those who believe in Christ can become His sons and daughters. In Him is life and light, even the abundant life. Jesus is the Savior of the world. His mission was to carry out the perfect, infinite atonement. His ministry was to bless and teach people. We can follow His ministry example, but we cannot follow His atonement example. He was and is the only one who could perform the perfect and infinite atonement. For Him we will be eternally grateful. We can really pay Him back. All He asks of us is to keep His commandments.

No comments: